Thursday 29 March 2012

Sterilising on holiday

If you're lucky enough to be in a villa with a microwave then that's great.  Pack some microwave sterilising bags and off you go!
If, like me, you're about to spend a week in a hotel then it's worth first of all calling ahead to see if the hotel can provide a steriliser in your room.  Unfortunately my hotel, http://www.theandaman.com/ said no.  They did say that room service could do it for me but I'm not sure how much waiting around that will involve.
I am not packing an enormous steriliser so my next option is to use Milton sterilisation tablets.
I have done this before on holiday with Daisy a few years ago and basically involves you taking about 20 minutes out of your day to wash the bottles and then soak them in a sterilising solution.  You can then use the room's kettle to add your boiling water.
It's a bit of a faff but I really don't have luggage space for a huge sterilising machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment