Thursday 6 September 2012

Flight Review: Air New Zealand - London Heathrow to Hong Kong (12 hours)

Who:  Claire, hubbie & her 2 boys (3 yo toddler and 3 month old baby)
What:  NZ 38V London Heathrow to Hong Kong

Departs 9.05pm arrives 4.10pm following day in HK

For the return flight I packed all the same stuff omitting the sticker books and toys since they were unnecessary. I had my husband with me for the flight home so didn't request any extra help. 

Check in at Heathrow Terminal 1 was a bit busy and chaotic, and we had to wait in a long queue to get checked in. We were told we weren't sitting together by a fairly surly lady at the desk, but luckily she took pity on us and sorted it out. 

At security I was asked to taste the water in the baby bottle, which I hadn't been asked to do at HK airport. Once again I was able to take my buggy to the gate, and it was given back to me as I stepped off the plane in HK which was great. We were able to board first, and once again the air NZ crew went above and beyond to be friendly and helpful. 

I hoped since it was a night flight (and with the help of some cough syrup) that JB would sleep. Unfortunately he only slept for 4 hours but the baby slept for 10! Once again he iPad was invaluable, I will never fly without one! 

I would highly recommend Air New Zealand and will definitely fly with them next time I fly to the UK. 




No comments:

Post a Comment