We arrived at Seattle train station by Amtrak from Vancouver (4.5 hrs) and were met by our hire car representative who drove us to their office and handed over the keys to our road trip mega car.
I had picked a cool, child friendly boutique hotel which had great reviews on Tripadvisor, the Maxwell Hotel Seattle. I highly recommend this place - large rooms, walking distance to the Children's and Music Museums, free parking, small pool and gym
Read my Tripadvisor Review here
Seattle Activities with Kids
- This is a great city to visit with lots to do and easy streets to navigate with a stroller.
- Take the family on a walking tour of Downtown Seattle and Waterfront, ending up at Pike Place Market for lunch. Be careful around some areas of Pioneer Square, a few wrong-uns lurking the streets.
- Loved Pike Place market, a hive of all things food in Seattle. We watched fish being tossed around and sampled amazing dishes including the best mac & cheese ever at Beechers
- Seattle Center has a number of museums including the Children's and Experience Music. Our toddler loved the music museum in particular and had great fun playing on the guitars and drums. Be sure to check their opening hours before you go.
- Your kids will adore the Seattle Ducks Tour, a bus that turns into a boat! Book ahead as these tours fill quickly http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/
- If you're a fan of Man Vs. Food then eat at Beths Cafe for huge plates of American diner deliciousness (see pic of Daisy & her milkshake!)