Saturday 21 April 2012

Always expect the unexpected!

I really thought I had this travel business sewn up but just when you think you're in for an easy ride, someone throws you a curve ball.  I just came back from the UK on BA with the 2 kids on my own also accompanied by my friend and her 2 kids.  We'd had a fairly easy journey through check in, security etc.  Got on the plane, kids were well behaved and low and behold we heard the words 'technical fault'.
The Captain approximated 30 minutes (try adding another 90) and it reminded me that you can never be prepared enough.  Luckily the lovely staff in World Traveller Plus furnished our kids with water and a few snacks.  I had stupidly not packed the DVD player for this trip thinking we wouldn't need it but Sally's Ipad was on hand.  So moral of the story is as we learnt in the Girl Guides - be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment