Saturday 21 April 2012

And today's liquid rules at London Heathrow T5 are....

Every time I travel there seems to be a new set of rules at security for liquid! Sometimes I breeze through with all my baby liquids intact (thank you Hong Kong Airport) and other times I'm pulled up on it.  Here are the liquids I had in my hand luggage flying back from Heathrow T5 and what happened at security:

  • 3 sterilised baby bottles, 1 containing 210ml of water
  • 1 bottle of Piriton, antihistamine
  • 1 carton Aptamil
  • 3 Ella's Organic pouches http://www.ellaskitchen.co.uk/
I had to taste the water in the baby bottle.  He then opened my carton of Aptamil and decanted it into one of the baby bottles and made me taste it.  I then had to taste one of the Ella's organic pouches (thankfully not the revolting chicken one).

I would therefore advise if you are carrying Aptamil cartons through you make sure you have at least one empty sterilised bottle to decant it in case they open it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment