Tuesday 24 April 2012

Travelling through HK Airport late at night (11pm)

Off again to the UK on my own with the 2 kids.  I was on the 11.45pm BA flight.  Travelling at this time means that HK airport is pretty quiet... as are the children...  There was no queue at check in (you can't check in online if you have an infant) and security usher you through the Family Channel.
I didn't take a stroller this time so carried my baby in the Ergo and my daughter was fairly happy to walk. When she started to get a bit tired you can pick up mini luggage trolleys and I stuck her in there.
I tried to find the kids zone which I had stumbled across on a previous visit.  I was too bleary eyed to actually ask anyone so armed with my coffee I plonked myself and kids on the carpeted floor of the gate nearest to Starbucks!
For future reference, here are details of where the kids zones are at HK Airport:

Children Play Areas

The colourful children's play areas provide young passengers with a feast of fun during their stay at Hong Kong International Airport.
Location:Between Gate 23 and 25, Departures Level, Terminal 1
Location:Between Gate 509 and 510, Departures Level, North Satellite Concourse

1 comment:

  1. I could never imagine that airports would be as quiet as you've described it, but the silence is a sign that you will have a nice and peaceful travel to your destination, right? I wonder what the airport looks like at that time. Hmm...

    Earnestine Novick

    ReplyDelete