Wednesday 9 May 2012

First snow adventure with the kids

I haven't had a snow holiday since moving to HK 5 years ago.  We used to go quite a bit from Tokyo as it was so accessible and we didn't have kids then!  My daughter turns 4 in April and I would absolutely love her to get comfortable on the slopes so I'm planning a trip for us to Niseko, Hokkaido next February 2013.

Luckily a friend of mine went this year with her kids so she is full of advice.  I have also been in touch with a helpful travel agent, Ashley at Holiday Niseko:

http://holidayniseko.com/

Ashley has provided me with a lengthy list of accommodation options and I'm as usual (!) spending hours on Tripadvisor working out the best one.

We've decided to go a few weeks after Chinese New Year to save money and avoid the crowds.  Cathay run a direct flight to Sapporo in Hokkaido and you then transfer to Niseko by bus (3 hours)

A snow holiday with the kids is a new experience for me so hopefully I'll have lots of good tips to add to this blog!

Hirafu by night... can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment