Tuesday 31 January 2012

Immigration, HK Airport & a new baby

For HK Residents, I believe (although not 100% sure) kids have to be around 11 to get an ID card.  Therefore if you are traveling with your little ones, gone are the days when you can jetset through the electronic immigration aisle.
You will now have to queue in the HK Resident channel (although there never seems to be a massive queue here) and if you look really harassed and have a screaming baby they may usher you through the Diplomat Channel if there's nobody there.
My 3 month old baby does not have her visa yet in her passport.  I have her visa on a loose bit of paper (note to self, must not lose this!) and I always travel with a copy of her birth certificate.  I have had a bit of bother the last few times I've been in and out of HK as they take their time looking at the visa paper and questioning the passport.  So it's better to be prepared with the birth certificate and never forget your own HK ID card!

No comments:

Post a Comment