Wednesday 11 January 2012

Villa vs. hotel

If you are lucky enough to be contemplating this debate (I wish I was right now!) then I would say they both have pros and cons depending on size of group and type of holiday you're going for.
I've stayed in private villas in Thailand and Bali and because I was part of a bigger group, it actually worked out a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel.

If I was going away with my family, I think I would prefer to stay in a hotel, take advantage of all the facilities and have the buzz of other families around us.

If I was going in a bigger group, a villa is definitely the way forward.  You can let kids have their midday naps whilst you hang out by the pool, have use of a kitchen, leave all your kid stuff lying around the villa for when they need it, stick them in front of the tv when they're bored.....

We have been to numerous villas in Koh Samui, Thailand over the last few years and always use:

www.samuivillasandhomes.com

You can select either Signature villas which come fully staffed or their (still fantastic) Boutique villas but add on chef etc.

For Bali I have used

www.balivillas.com

You can get some incredible villa deals including chef, driver, maid, babysitter especially in Bali.  Hmmm, it's making me want to get booking my next trip away!

No comments:

Post a Comment