Tuesday 12 July 2011

Packing hand luggage for long haul flight with toddler

Try to go for less is more!  That said, there have been times when my plane has been delayed and I've been thankful for those extra nappies.   I think it's a lot easier to pack hand luggage for a toddler than a baby as they can eat the plane food, use less nappies and can watch the in flight entertainment system.  I now try and keep it to the following:

  • Pink teddy (she cannot sleep without it!)
  • Grobag
  • Pyjamas (these can double up as a change of clothes)
  • 5 nappies, small pack of wipes, small cream and a few nappy bags
  • 1 book
  • 1 'surprise' toy (cheap toy that she's never seen that will entertain her for all of 5 seconds)
  • 1 snack e.g. raisins or cereal bar
  • Portable DVD player
  • Calpol/Nurofen and syringe
As mentioned in previous post, I can have her carry a few bits in her rucksack.  The rest I get to lug around the airport.
I now just buy a bottle of water and give that to her or water from a cup on the plane to save carrying around her big bottle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment