Wednesday 13 July 2011

Travel necessity - the portable DVD player

A friend recommended that I buy a portable DVD player and it has been a LIFESAVER.
I wish I had used it earlier but I think her attention span for TV watching has only really developed from 18 months.
There are loads of options out there, if you've got ipad, iphone etc.  We don't travel with a laptop or tablet so my husband bought a super cheap DVD player in Hong Kong (no, i've never heard of the brand Top Smart either!)  It's pretty good, fairly robust, battery life just under 2 hours which can be a problem but I have used sockets on planes and always remember to charge it up before I go.
I've also put a few Peppa Pigs and Angelina Ballerina cartoons on my iphone.
We recently had a very peaceful flight from Thailand to Hong Kong where there was no entertainment system so she happily sat and watched her DVDs. And I read a book - magic!!
Cheap portable DVD player from the Wanchai computer centre in Hong Kong.  We use it with some small headphones he found for her

No comments:

Post a Comment