Sunday 24 July 2011

Travelling & potty training

I started potty training my 27 month old daughter a week ago.  First few days were a total DISASTER but then it finally seemed to click...  We've still had the odd accident but we're getting there.  I've been loosely following the Gina Ford 'Potty Training In One Week'.  Unlike her other books which are written in a very strict, slightly mental tone, I've found this book useful and easy to follow.


After Day 3 of potty training I decided to take my daughter out & about.  A friend recommended this great product for travelling with your child - the Potette Plus which is a travel potty and trainer seat in one.  It's easy to use, lightweight and comes with disposable bags.  My daughter seems happy to use it and I love the fact that I can either assemble it as potty or use it as trainer seat on public toilets.

http://www.bibsandstuff.co.uk/acatalog/Potette_Plus.html

I am still keeping my daughter in nappies for her lunchtime and bedtime sleep.  I also think I will put her in a pull up nappy for our next long plane journey, will keep you posted as to how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment